Benefits of Acti-Tape
- Alleviation of Pain.
- Relaxing overused and overextended muscles.
- Supporting rehabilitation from muscular injuries.
- Repositioning of joints.
- Reducing edema, inflammation and discomfort.
Features of Acti-Tape
- Water resistant – can withstand showers and athletic activity like swimming.
- Highly breathable - efficiently channels air and sweat to maintain skin integrity.
- Highly Flexible - Allows muscles to perform a full range of motion, easily and comfortably
- Allows muscles to perform a full range of motion, easily and comfortably.
- Latex free, hypoallergenic.
- Effective for 3-4 days.
For Methods on how to apply Acti-Tape, visit http://www.acti-tape.com/contents/en-uk/about.html
Acti-Tape has its origins in therapeutic sports tapes for rehabilitation of injuries, providing support to joints and muscles, and enhancing sports performance without affecting range of motion. The concept was initially developed in Japan in the late 1970’s. Nowadays aside from application in rehabilitation, newer methodologies have been developed that address benefits associated with preventive health maintenance, reducing edema and pain relief.
The methodology is referred to by different names such as neuromuscular taping, sports taping or medical taping. Medical taping has helped countless athletes, professional and amateur alike, maintain physical excellence even when subject to extremely harsh training regimes and intensive sports events. It is increasingly common during sporting events to see participants using these colourful sports tape applied to joints and muscles. This increased visibility is resulting in the broader adoption of such taping methods amongst people who exercise regularly and who may feel the need on occasion for extra support.
Acti-Tape is a high-quality therapeutic sports tape that is manufactured in accordance to strict quality (GMP & ISO) and hygiene standards. Acti-Tape is a highly elastic, non-latex body surgical tape made of thin porous cotton fabric with an adhesive. Lines of adhesive are applied in a special wave-like pattern with areas between these waves that are adhesive-free. This alternating pattern allows for greater air permeability and the tape is very comfortable to wear. Acti-Tape provides a new option in muscle rehabilitation and pain relief for everyone. All this along with the added option of making a very fashionable and colourful athletic statement!